Client and Project Introduction
Striving for top-of-the-line advancement throughout its course, the client had stacked changes of legacy Systems-Designs and Databases. Thus, resulting in challenging change & operations management.
We aimed to set a clear base-line understanding of their envisioned IT environment,
- including both physical & logical layers,
- providing them with the right underlying building blocks to enhance their IT infrastructure.
To achieve this, MDS SI Proposed Consultancy Services with the main objective to
- Perform a comprehensive assessment of the customer’s main and remote sites’ existing IT infrastructure,
- Utilize best IT practices to analyze and deliver the targeted Customer objectives.
- The solution was built based on the TOGAF Methodology approach and included the following major milestones:
- Collect & review the current existing IT Infrastructure & IT Corporate Systems Health & Status
- Assess the whole infrastructure compliance with the Customer’s current & future business & technological objectives.
- Conduct a Gap Analysis and identify the IT Infrastructure & IT Corporate Systems Bottlenecks, and opportunities for improvements.
- Analyze and break down the outcomes into multiple milestones, based on their urgency,
- Assess the outcome initiatives and develop a 3-5 Years IT Enhancement Roadmap including the project’s initiatives descriptions and priorities.
Customer Need and Challenges Constraints
We understood that: for the client, to achieve optimum operational functionality, we needed to:
- Upgrade their Inefficient, Unreliable IT
- Set in Standard, Industry-Compliant Procedures
- Balance out Infrastructural visibility
And had to do so horizontally, across
- 70 Sites Distributed over 9 Regions in KSA
- 2k+ Network Devices
- Vague Design Architecture
- 9 Independent Networks Silo, Each with its own DC