Client and Project Introduction
ExxonMobil is a global Sustainable Energy Solutions Provider. They are currently improving their asset base to better serve worldwide energy access requirements.
The E-SPIR Solution
Driven by an electronic workflow, we deployed the innovative e-SPIR (Spare Parts Interchangeability Records) System – that would arm the organization to review, approve and visualize the complete spare parts requirement from various entry points. This would harness:
- Collaboration between the customer and their providers
- In large savings due to the availability of information.
This diligent cloud repository upraised the client’s capacity, by:
- Capturing and cross-validating data from each entry point.
- Automatic, compatibility with third-party applications, like Excel, Organization’s asset management, or ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Capability to create multiple SPIRs under a project, each with its independent assets and spares.
It provided an online portal for consultants and contractors to provide
- asset data
- asset specifications
- spare parts listings
- preventive maintenance schedules
Customer Need and Challenges Constraints
While acquiring new assets, ExxonMobil stood with the following:
- Heterogeneous Data from Multiple Departments – Design, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning; and various Entities – consultants, vendors, and contractors.
- Requirement for the available information on upcoming spare parts purchases
- Reconciliation of various quantities proposed by vendors, and contractors,
- Homogenizing these quantities as timely available information across multiple projects and referencing internal inventories.