Client and Project Introduction
ING Bank Turkey provides retail and commercial banking services to individuals and businesses in Turkey, with related financial products such as insurance and asset management.
The Project was to develop standard corporate data governance processes for
- The central meta-data platform with a holistic approach to heterogeneous data
- Adapting to legal and internal institutional standards
- Optimizing IT processes more efficiently
Solution and its Benefits
We deployed Veloxap Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) modules on top of SAP PowerDesigner
Developing standard corporate data-governance processes ensuring we
- Create a central meta-data repository with a holistic approach to convert heterogeneous data into functional information
- Adapt to legal and internal institutional standards
We optimized the IT processes of the business. What played a big role in the successful turnaround of this project was:
- Having a trustworthy relationship with ING Turkey over many years.
- Belting through MDS SI’s past project experiences in modeling and price/performance rate
- Having worked with other customers on many projects using multiple products.
Customer Need and Challenges Constraints
Creating a secure Data Governance cloud from multiple points of heterogeneous data, compliant with stringent international standards of security and data diligence. What did it entail? Read on
- Ensuring the application is COBIT data architecture management standards compliant
- Establishing Data-Modeling processes and standards, integrated into application development life cycle (SDLC) processes
- Business vocabulary and data modeling process.
- Meta-data (web-based) managed by different processes and applications, within this scope
- Modeling Process with Business Dictionary
- Application architecture management process with the modeling process
- Integration between data ownership and HR processes and roles
- Development of data security and modeling standards that support KVKK compliance